Heightened Security Checks
Recent events in the U.K. have called for the authorities to increase security at J.F.K. International Airport (JFK) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). This increased security includes the following:
1. Vehicular checkpoints on all roadways leading into airports.
2. Increased presence of Police on all frontage terminal roadways.
3. Emergency Service Units and K-9 dogs will be more visible in and around the terminal.
4. Increased presence of security and tow trucks to immediately remove unattended vehicles.
5. No vehicle waiting at passenger pick-up areas. Drivers must be actively loading or unloading.
Accordingly, we suggest that passengers allow extra time for check in. Our suggested check-in is a minimum of 3 hours prior to departure. We also strongly suggest using alternate forms of transportation to get to the airport to reduce traffic. Please also be advised that some of our flights to some destinations do not operate daily. A missed flight could mean that your travel plans could be severely disrupted.
Alternate Transportation Suggestions:
LAX – Shared Ride Vans, Taxi, Metro Rail Green Line, LAX Flyaway Bus (from Union Station, Van Nuys & Westwood). For more detailed information click here: http://lawa.org/lax/laxGT.cfm
JFK – Air Train, Car or Van Service. For more information click here: http://www.kennedyairport.com/CommutingTravel/airports/html/ken_transportation.html
These procedures have been implemented with the safety and security of all passengers in mind.
We appreciate your cooperation and hope that you have a great flight.
AIR TAHITI NUI - TEAM NORTH AMERICA